Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Waves in many senses

I'm sitting comfortable on my bed at the Mono Azul Hotel, my back against a mesh window and a gentle breeze falling across my face from the ceiling fan. Outside, it is dark already and the rain is pouring down, it feels somewhat appropriate.

Today was the last day of the tour, most of the group leaving on either the noon or the 5pm bus back to San Jose. We made sure that we were at the hotel to see them off and it was really hard. Every time I say goodbye, I feel the weight of all of the other goodbyes in my life pressing down. This goodbye felt a lot like the goodbye in Trois-Pistoles where a big group of people get close in such a short time, and share something magical together. I can honestly say that I liked and spent time with every single person in the group. I really will miss them.


Adam films Laura and Anna talking about the trip before they leave for San José

Now we are just six, the "Fantasic Four" as we were dubbed by our tour leader, Ellis, and Neil and Suzanne, our fellow Torontonians and videographers extraordinare who we followed to this new hotel. Tomorrow I leave alone for Guanacaste on a early morning bus to visit my friend Miles; I will rejoin the guys in San Jose on Monday night.

I've definitely felt a shift from active mode to recouperation mode. Our bodies have taken a lot of abuse between very active days, drinking, bites, and bruises, and burns. Today was relaxation at its best - Anna, Laura, Matt, Greg, Adam and I spent the day lazily at the public beach, and us girls got the massages by the ocean that we had been craving all week. The sensation of the ocean still lingers now.


A beautiful but cloudy day at the beach.

No comments: