Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Giving Back

I've recently decided that I would like to give something back to every country that I've had the pleasure of spending time in. Through Kiva.Org, I became a microloaner to a group of small business owners led by Iselsa Lara Ramirez. These small loans allow these women to become independent and support their dreams and families. When this loan is paid back, I will reloan the money to another business in the Dominican Republic.

No comments: