Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Spain

In the summer of 2002, I spent four weeks studying Spanish at the Centro de Lenguas Modernas in Granada, Spain for university credit back home. After the course ended, I "backpacked" (or as close as you can come to backpacking lugging around a huge suitcase) through Spain for two weeks with friends, hitting a total of nine cities including Granada: Malaga, Sevilla, Cordoba, Jaen, Madrid, Toledo, Pamplona (in the middle of the Running of the Bulls festival), Barcelona. After six weeks total in Spain, I took a train from Barcelona to Nimes, France, and there I hopped on a plane for two weeks in London, England with my father's family.

My first real solo adventure, which will always be dear to my heart. This was all back in the days before I had a digital camera, so there are very few pictures online. I may just have to scan some highlights!

No comments: