Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Friday, April 6, 2007

Belgium

2006-07-22 05-12-44_0270
The best thing about Europe is that other amazing countries are so accessible from wherever you are! During my trip to England in Summer 2006, I hopped the Chunnel train to spend the weekend (July 15-July 17) with Ana-Maria and Yves. For those keeping score, Ana-Maria used to live at my mom's place, and we attended her wedding in Peru in 2005. I observed in glee as the monolingual English erupted into Dutch, French, and German (there are three official languages in Belgium) and found my way to Antwerp amid train transfers with ease in French. We spent Saturday in the picturesque and romantic Bruges, hopping over to Ghent for dinner and raspberry beer. Sunday was spent in Antwerp, and on Monday I spent the day in Brussels. Although my careful itinerary fell apart when I discovered that practically everything in Brussels is closed on Monday, I did see the "Mannequin Piss" and a beer and chocolate museum! The photos from that weekend can be found here, or in the full trip set if you'd like to see them in order.

No comments: