Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Friday, April 6, 2007

Mexico!

My dad and I went to Mexico for a week in early 2001 (I think, it could have been 2000)! We stayed at a gorgeous all inclusive, the Reef Club Yucatan. The primary aim of course was to relax, but seeing as I was taking high school Spanish at the time and was so interested in the Mayan ruins, we went on visits to Uxmal and Chichen-Itza. I'm pretty glad we did, because I hear that you can't climb Chichen-Itza's great pyramid anymore. I had my Spanish projects done for that semester! My dad took some gorgeous photos, but these were the days before digital cameras. Hopefully I'll get a few up on here one day!

No comments: