Welcome to my Travel Blog! (Created April 5th, 2007)

Following the footsteps of my dear friends Linda and Adam, I've decided to create a travel blog separate from my regular one here. It will be nice to have everything all in one place and more accessible too! I hope to backblog trips I've already taken as I make scrapbooks for them in "real life," but of course the point is to share trips as I go. I also believe it's important to give back to those countries that I have visited that are in need, and I'm documenting that here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Monday, October 8, 2007

Mexico, check! ;)

I'm rather sad that I have no cause to post real travel entries for the coming months, but nonetheless happy to have an excuse to post something here!

The money I loaned to a group of small business owners in the Dominican Republic was repayed on schedule, and since there weren't any posted businesses in need for the Dominican, I moved it into Mexico ;) It's now helping a group of women increase stock in their small grocery stores. $25 can sure get around!

I'm always plugging Kiva in real life, so here's a little more information on what is, in my humble opinion, the best thing on the web!



Kiva.org allows individuals to make $25 loans to low-income entrepreneurs in the developing world (microfinance). By doing so, individuals like you provide affordable working capital for the poor (money to buy a sewing machine, livestock, etc.), empowering them to earn their way out of poverty.

No comments: